If you are looking for a home for sale in German Village, you’d find there are 9 homes in contract and 17 homes active on the market. 7 of them at $985,000 or higher. German Village is not an inexpensive market and it is a fast-paced market and you had better be ready if you’re looking to buy a single family home under $500,000. The competition, like many parts of Columbus these days, can be fierce.
81 single family homes closed in German Village in 2016. (We are only talking about German Village proper – not Schumacher Place or Merion Village) The least expensive was a One Bedroom on Frankfort for $230,000 in 8 days last month. The most expensive sale in German Village last year was 138 S Sycamore for $1,750,000 – about 5,000 square feet of good looking German Village. In between you’d find the following:
- 99% list to sale price ratio median– this means that in German Village in 2016, the median home sold for 99% of the last advertised price.
- 13 days on market median (though an average of 42, held up by higher priced homes )
- $467,761 average selling price
- 1741 square foot home on average but a median square feet of $1541
- $266 average Dollar/Square Foot sales price in German Village
- 30 German Village homes sold in a Five days or less
- 44 sold in fifteen days or less (about 54%) ((Higher ends of the market tend to sit longer))
- $36,953,145 worth of Real Estate sold in German Village in 2016 (just single family homes)
- 16 homes that sold at $300,000 or less – commonly called cottages in German Village
- Sold German Village housing stock in 2016 consisted of 64 2 story homes, 3 three story homes, 15 cape cods
Looking to sell or buy a home in German Village or any of Downtown Columbus’ historic neighborhoods? Include me in the conversation. I’m happy to help any way I can 614-940-9100