220 Bexley Homes sold in 2016, a 10% bump up from the previous year. Of those 220 homes, 96 (about 44%) were in Central Bexley. Today we are going to break down what we haven’t covered in Bexley by calling it all Central Bexley between Broad and Main (see map below) but later including North of Broad, West of Cassady with everything on those same N-S streets West of Drexel.
East – West Central Bexley Streets Drexel to Gould
This is what/where everyone thinks of when they think of Central Bexley – Broad to Main and Drexel to Gould. Tossing out the most expensive home in this portion of Central Bexley -a six bedroom Drexel ave home that sold for $920,000 after 5 days on market in June- and the least expensive -a 3 bed 1.5 bath that on S Roosevelt that sold for $278,000 in March after 184 days- and the rest share this:
- 98% average list to sale price ratio – this means in Central Bexley in 2016, the median home sold, for 98% of the last advertised price.
- NINE days on market median (though an average of 45, held up by a few homes )
- $490,930 average selling price
- 2486 square foot home on average
- $197.8 average Dollar/Square Foot sales price in Central Bexley
- 16 Central Bexley homes sold in a THREE days or less
- 38 sold in twenty days or less (about 59%)
- $29,946,749 worth of Real Estate sold in Central Bexley in 2016
- Sold Central Bexley housing stock in 2016 consisted of 4 Ranches, 56 2-Story homes, 3 capes and 1 bilevel.
Mostly North – South Central Bexley Streets – Drexel and West – 34 Homes
This is the most expensive parts of Bexley, these homes are what’s generally referred to around town as a mansion. In keeping with practice we will drop both the least expensive home sold (A 3 bedroom on Bryden that sold for $470,000) as well as the most expensive home to sell in Bexley and one of the most expensive to sell in Franklin county in 2016, a North Parkview 5 bedroom that sold in October for $1,825,000.
- 97% median list to sale price ratio – this means in this part of Bexley in 2016, the median home sold, for 97% of the last advertised price.
24 days on market median (though an average of only 61,not bad at all for a year’s worth of rather expensive listings which always tend to linger longer )
$859,394 average selling price
4137 square foot home on average
$210.77 median Dollar/Square Foot sales price
7 of these Bexley homes sold in a THREE days or less
21 sold in thirty days or less (about 64%)
$28,360,000 worth of Real Estate sold here in 2016
There are various ways we could have broken this down even further to get more accurate numbers for the more nuanced neighborhood differences. If you are familiar with Central Bexley and you take more than a cursory look at the numbers above, this will probably make sense.
If you are considering selling a Bexley home or Buying a home in Bexley and would like to sit down and discuss the market over coffee or a drink, call me at 614-940-9100. I love to listen to what people are thinking about regarding real estate and I love to talk about, and am keenly aware of, the Bexley market.